Tip: Touch bar with Eclipse
Morris, Mark
2018-10-01 22:59:52 UTC
All,

Discovered this when I got my new laptop, and thought it others might find it useful.

I want function keys, without having to press the fn modifier key, when I’m in Eclipse (mainly for debugging; F5 = step into, F6 = step over, etc.). It turns out that’s easy to configure.

Go to System Preferences -> Keyboard -> Shortcuts -> Function Keys, click the plus button, then select the Eclipse app. Now when you’re in Eclipse, the function keys are the default, and pressing the fn key brings up the volume, brightness, etc., controls.

— Mark
Paul Hoadley
2018-10-01 23:38:16 UTC
I want function keys, without having to press the fn modifier key, when I’m in Eclipse (mainly for debugging; F5 = step into, F6 = step over, etc.). It turns out that’s easy to configure.
Go to System Preferences -> Keyboard -> Shortcuts -> Function Keys, click the plus button, then select the Eclipse app. Now when you’re in Eclipse, the function keys are the default, and pressing the fn key brings up the volume, brightness, etc., controls.
Thanks Mark. Cool tip.
--
Paul Hoadley
https://logicsquad.net/