Byte-range request
f***@timeoff.se
2018-10-23 14:38:17 UTC
I need to serve a podcast through a webobjects application, but rss wont validate because apple requires he podcast to be served with byte-range requests.

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/HTTP/Range_requests

Has anyone of you made such a direct-action?

I suppose i could create a special input stream that just returns the bytes from the header, but are just wondering if anyone already has a solution?

/Fredrik

This email sent to ***@ml-in.narkive.net
Jesse Tayler
2018-10-23 15:14:06 UTC
I don’t see why WO would be in between here? you need a static /public URL to a resource

I’m not 100% certain if I’ve run into this -But I have served podcasts and videos while using WO apps as the host system -- those allowed m3u and chunks and I believe that was all server-side mime-type stuff and nothing went through the WOAdaptor for that.

Are you certain that your data is going through your WO Adaptor, and if so, that it must be so?

There’s also a number of hosting services designed to host podcasts and so you might be able to partner depending on your business I guess