WOlips Installation problem
Gino Pacitti
2018-08-26 11:37:30 UTC
Hi
I am trying to install WOLips in Eclipse Neon and all of the URLs supplied on the wiki.community page for WOLips with Update manager don’t seem to work:

https://jenkins.wocommunity.org/job/WOLips46/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/temp/dist/

Unable to read repository at https://jenkins.wocommunity.org/job/WOLips46/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/temp/dist/content.xml.
Unable to read repository at https://jenkins.wocommunity.org/job/WOLips46/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/temp/dist/content.xml.
sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target

Any help with any one else having experienced this?

Best

Gino

This email sent to ***@ml-i
Theodore Petrosky

https://lists.apple.com/mailman/options/webobjects-dev/tedpet5%40yahoo.com
Klaus Berkling
2018-11-12 07:26:56 UTC
I’m getting the same error with Eclipse 4.7:

Unable to read repository at https://jenkins.wocommunity.org/job/WOLips47/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/temp/dist/content.xml.
Unable to read repository at https://jenkins.wocommunity.org/job/WOLips47/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/temp/dist/content.xml.
sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target

Apparently Eclipse is looking for “content.xml” which I don’t think is there. This reproduces for Eclipse 4.9 and 4.6.

It’s late, tomorrow I try it locally.
https://jenkins.wocommunity.org/job/WOLips46/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/temp/dist/ <https://jenkins.wocommunity.org/job/WOLips46/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/temp/dist/>
Unable to read repository at https://jenkins.wocommunity.org/job/WOLips46/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/temp/dist/content.xml.
Unable to read repository at https://jenkins.wocommunity.org/job/WOLips46/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/temp/dist/content.xml.
sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target
Any help with any one else having experienced this?
Best
Gino
https://lists.apple.com/mailman/options/webobjects-dev/tedpet5%40yahoo.com
https://lists.apple.com/mailman/options/webobjects-dev/webobjects%40berkling.us
"The trouble with normal is it always gets worse."
Bruce Cockburn

Klaus Berkling
www.berkling.us <http://berkling.us/> | @kiberkli | Photography <https://www.flickr.com/people/kiberkling/>
Dennis Bliefernicht
2018-11-12 08:23:36 UTC

the exception rather hints at an SSL problem even before trying to read the content.xml; we experienced this exact issue before when running an older JDK version, as wocommunity uses Lets Encrypt; the relevant root certificates it seems only have been added in Java 8u101 and Java 7u111 (or Java 9+) so you could either try upgrading the JDK you use for running eclipse or import the relevant certificates into your keystore manually. (See also https://letsencrypt.org/docs/certificate-compatibility/ <https://letsencrypt.org/docs/certificate-compatibility/>).
At least in our case a JDK update solved this issue since then.

Greetings
Dennis
Unable to read repository at https://jenkins.wocommunity.org/job/WOLips47/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/temp/dist/content.xml <https://jenkins.wocommunity.org/job/WOLips47/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/temp/dist/content.xml>.
Unable to read repository at https://jenkins.wocommunity.org/job/WOLips46/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/temp/dist/content.xml <https://jenkins.wocommunity.org/job/WOLips46/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/temp/dist/content.xml>.
https://lists.apple.com/mailman/options/webobjects-dev/tedpet5%40yahoo.com <https://lists.apple.com/mailman/options/webobjects-dev/tedpet5%40yahoo.com>
https://lists.apple.com/mailman/options/webobjects-dev/webobjects%40berkling.us <https://lists.apple.com/mailman/options/webobjects-dev/webobjects%40berkling.us>
"The trouble with normal is it always gets worse."
Bruce Cockburn
Klaus Berkling
https://lists.apple.com/mailman/options/webobjects-dev/dennis.bliefernicht%40xyrality.com <https://lists.apple.com/mailman/options/webobjects-dev/dennis.bliefernicht%40xyrality.com>

Dennis Bliefernicht • Head of Backend Development
T +49 40 357 3001 62
***@xyrality.com

XYRALITY GmbH • Friedensallee 290 • 22763 Hamburg
www.xyrality.com <http://www.xyrality.com/>
Registergericht: Hamburg HRB 115332
GeschÀftsfÌhrer: Sven OssenbrÌggen
Klaus Berkling
2018-11-13 02:31:36 UTC
Post by Dennis Bliefernicht
the exception rather hints at an SSL problem even before trying to read the content.xml; we experienced this exact issue before when running an older JDK version, as wocommunity uses Lets Encrypt; the relevant root certificates it seems only have been added in Java 8u101 and Java 7u111 (or Java 9+) so you could either try upgrading the JDK you use for running eclipse or import the relevant certificates into your keystore manually. (See also https://letsencrypt.org/docs/certificate-compatibility/ <https://letsencrypt.org/docs/certificate-compatibility/>).
At least in our case a JDK update solved this issue since then.
I updated to 1.8.0_191 but get the same error
 :-(
--
<xyrality_logoV2green2.png>
Dennis Bliefernicht • Head of Backend Development
T +49 40 357 3001 62
XYRALITY GmbH • Friedensallee 290 • 22763 Hamburg
www.xyrality.com <http://www.xyrality.com/>
Registergericht: Hamburg HRB 115332
GeschÀftsfÌhrer: Sven OssenbrÌggen
https://lists.apple.com/mailman/options/webobjects-dev/webobjects%40berkling.us
"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts."
Winston Churchill

Dennis Bliefernicht
2018-11-13 09:30:28 UTC
Hm,
Post by Klaus Berkling
Post by Dennis Bliefernicht
the exception rather hints at an SSL problem even before trying to read the content.xml; we experienced this exact issue before when running an older JDK version, as wocommunity uses Lets Encrypt; the relevant root certificates it seems only have been added in Java 8u101 and Java 7u111 (or Java 9+) so you could either try upgrading the JDK you use for running eclipse or import the relevant certificates into your keystore manually. (See also https://letsencrypt.org/docs/certificate-compatibility/ <https://letsencrypt.org/docs/certificate-compatibility/>).
At least in our case a JDK update solved this issue since then.
I updated to 1.8.0_191 but get the same error
 :-(
Just another hunch based on bad experience ;-) assuming a macOS installation: As Eclipse sometimes likes to hardcode the installation VM on macOS (for example in /Applications/Eclipse.app/Contents/Eclipse/eclipse.ini, hit me once or twice during cleanup), might make sense to double-check the Menu Eclipse -> About Eclipse -> Installation Details -> Configuration where amongst all other system properties the java.runtime.version property should indicate the actual running JDK.

For reference: Running an OpenJDK Zulu build from Azul here, Version 1.8.0_181-b02 on Mojave 10.14 using Eclipse Photon and can pull the WOLips packages from the given URL

Greetings
Dennis

Klaus Berkling
2018-11-14 03:14:44 UTC
Post by Klaus Berkling
[...]
That did the trick. Changed the eclipse.ini file to point to the updated version.

Here is my setup: Sun Oracle Java JDK 1.8.0_191 on Mojave 10.14.1 using Eclipse 2018-09 (4.9) with WOnder7
Created a Wonder application from the template which compiled and ran with no problem.

Thanks Dennis.

"The era of procrastination, of half-measures, of soothing and baffling expedients, of delays, is coming to its close. In its place we are entering a period of consequences."