New Framework inheritance problem?
Jesse Tayler
2018-10-07 00:14:28 UTC
I’m making a new framework for the first time in forever. I used Eclipse->New->ERXFramework as the template...

When I add components, their classes fallback to WOComponent

I note a class error at startup:

Oct 07 00:04:30 WOMan[55555] DEBUG NSLog (EditUser) - <com.webobjects.appserver._private.WOComponentDefinition> WARNING: Unable to find component class named "BMLEditLargeString". If this is not intended to be a classless component, check your framework settings and the contents of your classpath file (in the .woa's Contents/<PLATFORM_NAME> subdirectory).

This is due to my new framework not having its classes properly linked into the library or something?

Because after a bunch of fussing around in those endless eclipse settings panels? I can’t seem to figure why framework classes won’t load but components and even D2W rules load into my app just fine?

Suggestions?
Amedeo Mantica

https://lists.apple.com/mailman/options/webobjects-dev/amedeomantica%40me.com
Jesse Tayler
2018-10-07 11:42:52 UTC
Thanks, and yes, I mean, I get D2W rules and the component is clearly recognized.

It’s like the JAVA part is just not being included somehow.

https://lists.apple.com/mailman/options/webobjects-dev/amedeomantica%40me.com <https://lists.apple.com/mailman/options/webobjects-dev/amedeomantica%40me.com>
Theodore Petrosky
2018-10-07 12:23:32 UTC
what version of Wonder do you have installed? It is up to 7!!

I create frameworks regularly and have no problem. When you create a new framework, what frameworks are linked in. What is BMLEditLargeString?

do you want to talk?

Ted
https://lists.apple.com/mailman/options/webobjects-dev/tedpet5%40yahoo.com <https://lists.apple.com/mailman/options/webobjects-dev/tedpet5%40yahoo.com>
Jesse Tayler
2018-10-07 12:26:57 UTC
Hey, should it matter which wonder? I’m fairly sure it is recent but my JAVA version is a bit low on my app whereas I don’t think Ive touched the framework.

The framework is public and is a repository of Bootstrap and Shards UI stuff with D2W/ModernLook stuff

So, BMLEditLargeString is one of a small set of override components from modern look to support tags and a few rules to make a gorgeous, modern looking UI

I’m off with the kids to some water park or kids-town type place outside the city
.

But yes! We should grab a beer or stop over to the place on 34 and we’ll throw some dead animal on the BBQ!
Chuck Hill
2018-10-07 14:28:01 UTC
Have you marked the folder containing the source code as a Source folder in Eclipse? Right click on the project, the Java Build Path then Source tab. Probalby a quicker path but I am still pre-coffee this morning.

Now back to my mug of coffee.

Chuck

From: Webobjects-dev <webobjects-dev-bounces+chill=***@lists.apple.com> on behalf of Jesse Tayler <***@oeinc.com>
Date: Sunday, October 7, 2018 at 7:27 AM