SQL Exeption Error upgrading to mysql 5.6.41
Gino Pacitti
2018-10-14 11:06:52 UTC
I just updated my mysql server on linux and columns which are DATETIME and when I am using NSTimestamp for Qualifiers for a query (plus any inserts with a NSTimestamp) are causing errors:

com.webobjects.foundation.NSTimestamp is an immutable object. Invocations of setNanos() are illegal.

I have the latest mysql-connector 5.1.47 and it was all working fine but after the upgrade to server all date inserts or queries are failing?

Anyone have similar or can point me in the right direction…

Gino
Gino Pacitti
2018-10-14 11:31:59 UTC
Could it be something to do with this:

https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.6/en/datetime.html

Where Mysql is trying to find microseconds?

Gino
Daniel Bietenbeck

This email sent to ***@ml-in
Gino Pacitti
2018-10-14 11:46:44 UTC
Im looking and looking but the error seems to be here:

Invocations of setNanos() are illegal.
java.lang.IllegalStateException: com.webobjects.foundation.NSTimestamp is an immutable object. Invocations of setNanos() are illegal.
at com.webobjects.foundation.NSTimestamp.setNanos(NSTimestamp.java:1299)
at com.mysql.jdbc.TimeUtil.adjustTimestampNanosPrecision(TimeUtil.java:519)
at com.mysql.jdbc.PreparedStatement.setTimestampInternal(PreparedStatement.java:4282)
at com.mysql.jdbc.PreparedStatement.setTimestamp(PreparedStatement.java:4245)
at com.mysql.jdbc.PreparedStatement.setObject(PreparedStatement.java:3591)

https://lists.apple.com/mailman/options/webobjects-dev/daniel.bietenbeck%40froebus.de <https://lists.apple.com/mailman/options/webobjects-dev/daniel.bietenbeck%40froebus.de>
https://lists.apple.com/mailman/options/webobjects-dev/ginokris%40me.com <https://lists.apple.com/mailman/options/webobjects-dev/ginokris%40me.com>
Gino Pacitti

This em
Gino Pacitti

This email sent to ***@ml-in.narkive.net
Jesse Tayler
2018-10-15 18:04:54 UTC
Hi All

Anyone interested in modern UI kits like Bootstrap & Shards with WO?

Robert Hanna and I, have started a very simple framework migrating Bootstrap stuff out of an app. Stuff people might find really useful —Beautiful table-free list-views, fantastic looking forms with all modern input tagging, sliders and date pickers that all support modern inline icons (Material and FontAwesome) plus random things like alerts nav bars etc.

Read along down this page to see UI examples

https://designrevision.com/demo/shards/ <https://designrevision.com/demo/shards/>

One D2W rule sets up a "Card" with a dictionary that configures any of the many different options. Display a top or bottom image, have a button, make the button square, outlined or primary-btn styled etc. Add a footer, body, title
 The rules include all the keys you'll find in Bootstrap/Shards css tags as part of a D2W configuration.

You can have crazy cool class tags:

objectCardColumnClass = "col-sm-6 col-md col-lg-3 pb-4”.

Which makes a dynamic grid that displays on tiny or giant screens.

https://designrevision.com/docs/shards/cards.html <https://designrevision.com/docs/shards/cards.html>

This one rule here sets up a card and configures each option you see in the attached:

cardSectionsContents =
{
"card-img-top" = "object.imageURL";
"card-link" = "object.publicURLString";
"card-text" = "object.title";
"card-title" = "object.venue.title";
"cardLInkTitle" = "Tell me more &rarr;";
"cardLinkClass" = "btn btn-primary";
}
Theodore Petrosky

https://lists.apple.com/mailman/options/webobjects-dev/tedpet5%40yahoo.com
Tim Worman
2018-10-16 02:26:08 UTC
Yes, for sure.
Post by Theodore Petrosky
Jesse,
of course!!!
Ted

This email se
Jesse Tayler
2018-10-16 06:50:32 UTC
I’d like to add a simple test / demo app or at least a page to show things working

I see Movies.woa is no longer working?

I figured there would be something with migrations that could just run and load a basic model?

Anyone have suggestions how I should set that up?
Post by Tim Worman
Yes, for sure.
Post by Theodore Petrosky
Jesse,
of course!!!
Ted
Tim Worman
2018-10-16 18:03:17 UTC
If my memory serves me correctly: Movies.woa had an in-memory db option, right? Are you thinking it might be an option to resuscitate Movies.woa and add your samples there. Or maybe just replace it altogether with a modernized version that uses the movies data?

Tim
Post by Jesse Tayler
I’d like to add a simple test / demo app or at least a page to show things working
I see Movies.woa is no longer working?
I figured there would be something with migrations that could just run and load a basic model?
Anyone have suggestions how I should set that up?
Post by Tim Worman
Yes, for sure.
Post by Theodore Petrosky
Jesse,
of course!!!
Ted

This email sent to u
Jesse Tayler
2018-10-16 18:06:44 UTC
Movies was a nice simple model that if I had migrations or in-memory it would allow me to render some D2W data rather than just present some HTML.

I can add a simple app next to the framework and we can figure if Movies or something else is easy to put in there.
Post by Jesse Tayler
I’d like to add a simple test / demo app or at least a page to show things working
I see Movies.woa is no longer working?
I figured there would be something with migrations that could just run and load a basic model?
Anyone have suggestions how I should set that up?
Post by Tim Worman
Yes, for sure.
Post by Theodore Petrosky
Jesse,
of course!!!
Ted

Theodore Petrosky
2018-10-16 18:59:10 UTC
Weird, ERModernMoviesDemo with ERMoviesLogic work just fine for me! I just compiled it and ran it to make sure!

It would be nice to start with this demo as it is set up to to all the different migrations for Postgresql, MySQL, Derby, H2.

ERMovies worked fine also.
Post by Jesse Tayler
I’d like to add a simple test / demo app or at least a page to show things working
I see Movies.woa is no longer working?
I figured there would be something with migrations that could just run and load a basic model?
Anyone have suggestions how I should set that up?
Post by Tim Worman
Yes, for sure.
Post by Theodore Petrosky
Jesse,
of course!!!
Ted
Jesse Tayler
2018-10-16 19:29:48 UTC
Ted-

Oh, that’s great — that would be perfect because you could compare things easily and I can show some modern D2W ideas that are useful

I am able to find and import the app and try to run it, it locks up after launch and listing SQL although I don’t know where from — ???

Anyway, it gets into an infinite loop that throws the stack until you run out of memory.

Is this perhaps because I’m not configured right or because I have not built a dependency perhaps?

at com.webobjects.appserver._private.WODeployedBundle._newPreloadAllResourcesInSubDirectory(WODeployedBundle.java:297)
Post by Tim Worman
If my memory serves me correctly: Movies.woa had an in-memory db option, right? Are you thinking it might be an option to resuscitate Movies.woa and add your samples there. Or maybe just replace it altogether with a modernized version that uses the movies data?
Tim
I’d like to add a simple test / demo app or at least a page to show things working
I see Movies.woa is no longer working?
I figured there would be something with migrations that could just run and load a basic model?
Anyone have suggestions how I should set that up?
Post by Tim Worman
Yes, for sure.
Post by Theodore Petrosky
Jesse,
of course!!!
Ted
https://lists.apple.com/mailman/options/webobjects-dev/lists%40thetimmy.com
Fabian Peters
2018-10-17 05:57:44 UTC
Hi Jesse,

Can you show a bit more of the stacktrace please?

Fabian
Post by Jesse Tayler
I’d like to add a simple test / demo app or at least a page to show things working
I see Movies.woa is no longer working?
I figured there would be something with migrations that could just run and load a basic model?
Anyone have suggestions how I should set that up?
Post by Tim Worman
Yes, for sure.
Post by Theodore Petrosky
Jesse,
of course!!!
Ted

This email sent to uoh8
Jesse Tayler
2018-10-17 11:41:03 UTC
Hi Fabian

I’m guessing this might be related to the fact that Migration Assistant once assisted me and kindly created a new home folder with a jtayler 1 in it
yes, including the space

So, I have had to do some local stuff and likely should break down and just change my home dir in the UNIX system so I can go on with my post-migration life.

What does this error suggest?

BUILD FAILED
/Users/jtayler 1/Downloads/Archive/ERModernMoviesDemo/build.xml:7: The following error occurred while executing this line:
Error reading project file /Users/jtayler 1/Build/build/build.xml: /Users/jtayler 1/Build/build/build.xml
Post by Tim Worman
If my memory serves me correctly: Movies.woa had an in-memory db option, right? Are you thinking it might be an option to resuscitate Movies.woa and add your samples there. Or maybe just replace it altogether with a modernized version that uses the movies data?
Tim
I’d like to add a simple test / demo app or at least a page to show things working
I see Movies.woa is no longer working?
I figured there would be something with migrations that could just run and load a basic model?
Anyone have suggestions how I should set that up?
Post by Tim Worman
Yes, for sure.
Post by Theodore Petrosky
Jesse,
of course!!!
Ted
https://lists.apple.com/mailman/options/webobjects-dev/lists.fabian%40e-lumo.com
l***@e-lumo.com
2018-10-17 13:23:18 UTC
Hi Jesse,

That does indeed look suspicious, so it might be the space in the username.

Fabian
Post by Jesse Tayler
I’d like to add a simple test / demo app or at least a page to show things working
I see Movies.woa is no longer working?
I figured there would be something with migrations that could just run and load a basic model?
Anyone have suggestions how I should set that up?
Post by Tim Worman
Yes, for sure.
Post by Theodore Petrosky
Jesse,
of course!!!
Ted

This ema
Jesse Tayler
2018-10-17 14:01:06 UTC
Ok, I have the ERModernMoviesDemo app running and linked to the new framework.

I notice my rules and components are working, but the css overrides is not loading??

<wo:ERXStyleSheet framework = "BootstrapModernLook" filename = "ermod-overrides.css" />

It’s almost like ERXStyleSheet isn’t working or something?

This seems fine in my other app — how are folks loading in framework based css files?

I see a stylesheet injector which seems to accept only the sheets listed in a rule from the modern look...
Post by Jesse Tayler
I’d like to add a simple test / demo app or at least a page to show things working
I see Movies.woa is no longer working?
I figured there would be something with migrations that could just run and load a basic model?
Anyone have suggestions how I should set that up?
Post by Tim Worman
Yes, for sure.
Post by Theodore Petrosky
Jesse,
of course!!!
Ted

This email sent to ***@ml-in.nar
Theodore Petrosky
2018-10-17 14:41:10 UTC
interesting I just created a little test and I found that if I put the ERXStyleShhet in the WOD it worked but not inline!

try using the WOD

<webobject name = “BootstrapCSS"></webobject>

BootstrapCSS : ERXStyleSheet {

Post by Tim Worman
If my memory serves me correctly: Movies.woa had an in-memory db option, right? Are you thinking it might be an option to resuscitate Movies.woa and add your samples there. Or maybe just replace it altogether with a modernized version that uses the movies data?
Tim
I’d like to add a simple test / demo app or at least a page to show things working
I see Movies.woa is no longer working?
I figured there would be something with migrations that could just run and load a basic model?
Anyone have suggestions how I should set that up?
Post by Tim Worman
Yes, for sure.
Post by Theodore Petrosky
Jesse,
of course!!!
Ted
Jesse Tayler
2018-10-17 14:49:32 UTC
That is interesting —

But it worked…

Thanks, and this is coming out very interesting!
Post by Jesse Tayler
I’d like to add a simple test / demo app or at least a page to show things working
I see Movies.woa is no longer working?
I figured there would be something with migrations that could just run and load a basic model?
Anyone have suggestions how I should set that up?
Post by Tim Worman
Yes, for sure.
Post by Theodore Petrosky
Jesse,
of course!!!
Ted

This emai
Theodore Petrosky
2018-10-17 16:43:38 UTC
BTW the reason the inline stuff didn’t work is because you did not include the WOOgnl framework in your d2w app library!

i thought about it and went back and sure enough you can use the inline bindings, just be sure to add WOOgnl to your frameworks.

Ted
Post by Jesse Tayler
I’d like to add a simple test / demo app or at least a page to show things working
I see Movies.woa is no longer working?
I figured there would be something with migrations that could just run and load a basic model?
Anyone have suggestions how I should set that up?
Post by Tim Worman
Yes, for sure.
Post by Theodore Petrosky
Jesse,
of course!!!
Ted

This
Jesse Tayler
2018-10-17 20:19:11 UTC
Oh, thanks for letting me know because that was a red-flag for sure and I’m certain I have more inline bindings around that would quietly fail!

I’ll include that into this demo so we won’t run into that again.
Post by Jesse Tayler
I’d like to add a simple test / demo app or at least a page to show things working
I see Movies.woa is no longer working?
I figured there would be something with migrations that could just run and load a basic model?
Anyone have suggestions how I should set that up?
Post by Tim Worman
Yes, for sure.
Post by Theodore Petrosky
Jesse,
of course!!!
Ted

This email sent to ***@ml
Jesse Tayler
2018-10-17 20:21:41 UTC
WOOgnl is linked to the framework, shouldn’t that be enough to force it? I guess not but that’s what I would have hoped so when you link, any depends will cause the build to break.

I have added it to the demo app which is nearly ready for people to at least try out.
Post by Jesse Tayler
I’d like to add a simple test / demo app or at least a page to show things working
I see Movies.woa is no longer working?
I figured there would be something with migrations that could just run and load a basic model?
Anyone have suggestions how I should set that up?
Post by Tim Worman
Yes, for sure.
Post by Theodore Petrosky
Jesse,
of course!!!
Ted

This email sent to ***@ml-
Jesse Tayler
2018-10-18 16:00:12 UTC
Well, it is still VERY early and I’m having trouble with conflicting javascript perhaps?

I have several components with tiny javascript bits no them, nearly all are failing with that old error of jQuery not found or something…

Please look at the page wrapper and see if you can figure what’s wrong there.

It is EARLY but there’s nearly all the basic components, menus are starting to work you can navigate and edit most things.

Git clone the framework:

https://github.com/jtayler/BootstrapModernLook

Git clone new, ultramodern demo app:

https://github.com/jtayler/UltraModernMoviesDemo

This
Jesse Tayler
2018-10-19 18:07:31 UTC
This framework will transform you from ugly…. to irresistible—

Here’s some screen shots:

Most of the basics are now working, but this is still early construction

please let me know if you’re able to get things to build and run…it’s really helpful to get reports at this juncture, so thanks!

Git clone the framework:

https://github.com/jtayler/BootstrapModernLook

Git clone new, demo app: